Monday, April 9, 2012

Bali and Korea -- April 4, 2012

No rain but continued chilly temperatures as we left our room and the Guest House.

It was about a 3-block walk, rolling my suitcases behind us, to the main street where the airport bus would come. We were early and the bus was late so we had about a 30-minute wait. I had run out of things to say and was ready to be on my own – definitely in the travel mode. HongTaek insisted on accompanying me on the bus. That was totally unnecessary, but there was no way to dissuade her. I was grateful for security at the airport since it meant she could go no further thus finally ending the long goodbye.

The whole Korea visit was great but spending time with HongTaek was especially wonderful -- if occasionally frustrating.

The Korean Air flight got off the ground at 12:10 p.m. (10:10 p.m. the previous night in Minnesota). Read some, got a little sleep and watched three movies: We Bought a Zoo, The Iron Lady, and Hugo. Landed in Chicago at 10:15 a.m. on Wednesday, two hours earlier than I left Seoul thanks to the marvels of the International Date Line!

Changed planes to United (with a marked decrease in quality of service) and landed in the Twin Cities at 3:40 p.m. Taxi home to be greeted by Jackson. When I picked up Katy at 6, she was also glad to see me.

So I’m home, thinking back on a wonderful trip but very grateful to be in my own place enjoying my solitude. So, until the next trip. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment