Monday, January 28, 2013

Uganda - January 26, 2013

Made it from Amsterdam to Entebbe.  Flight wasn't great in that my aisle seat had a box for the personal audio and Video on the floor reducing footroom by about 40%.  The seat next to me wasn't empty.  The person occupying it was small but active.  She seemed to have no notion of personal space (mine, anyway) so kept hitting me with her elbow, hand, foot as she shifted in her seat thus awakening me frequently from the not-great sleep I was getting.  At one point she fanned herself with her pillow which hit me 3 or 4 times before I complained.  I think it was a cultural thing; her intent wasn't bad, but the result was (for me).

The flight went into Kigali, Rwanda, where we sat on the ground for an hour, unable to leave the plane, while some minimal cleaning was done and Kigali to Entebbe passengers loaded.  It was hot, and we were all tired.  Arrived in Entebbe on schedule.  Luggage collection and visa purchase went fine, but we had to wait about half an hour for our ground transport.  Arrived at the Imperial Golf View Hotel at 11:30 p.m.  This is the same hotel we stayed the first night of the 2011 Give Us Wings trip.  It's quite nice, but the luxury is somewhat wasted since we're there such a short time.

The same carved gorillas were there to greet us.


The hotel must be doing well since they're building an extension.

To bed at midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment