Saturday, February 12, 2011

En Route & Home -- February 2, 2011

We landed in Amsterdam at 5:10 a.m. European time (7:10 a.m. back in Nairobi). We had plenty of time before the flight to Minneapolis was scheduled to depart so I indulged myself in a very expensive shower. Schiphol Airport has shower facilities available; costs 15 Euro (about $24), and was worth every penny! It was a wonderful, modern, bathroom with unending amounts of hot water!!!!!

I'd taken a change of clothing in my carry-on so moved toward the next flight feeling clean and refreshed. Unfortunately, the flight was delayed. Some of the delay occurred before we got on the plane, some after. But it was about 3 hours in all resulting in an even longer day than expected.

Instead of arriving in the Twin Cities at 12:15 p.m. , it was mid-afternoon. Friend Barb Lindeke was there to pick me up, and a number of the GUW folk were there to greet us. I was VERY glad to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment