Sunday, June 19, 2011

Hungary and Croatia -- soon

Tomorrow I'll be leaving for an almost 2-week trip to Hungary and Croatia. I am going along as a "groupie" with Helen, a friend from church, and her community band, Star of the North. Every two years the band does an overseas trip; several years ago I accompanied them to Thailand.

In addition to some of the usual tourist activities, we have the opportunity to meet locals as the band plays concerts along the way, often in conjunction with local bands. That gives a different perspective to a foreign trip.

We'll be flying into Vienna, moving quickly on to Budapest, traveling a bit in Hungary, spending most of our time in Croatia, and returning to the U.S. from Dubrovnik on July 5. Below is a map which follows the journey (in yellow marker).


I hope that I'll have the time, and decent internet connections, to blog along the way. So keep checking. Must now finish packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment