Wednesday, September 1, 2010

On from Worcester to Parish Holiday -- 9-1-10

Got a reasonable night's sleep -- but the cold is developing nicely. Ah, well. . . . At least I have some medication. It was interesting yesterday when I purchased the pills. I asked the pharmacist for something containing pseudoephedrine. Like in the U.S. that's kept behind the counter, but one doesn't have to sign for it. The box contains 12 tablets, enough for 3 days. The pharmacist cautioned me that this is the "strongest" medicine available so that 3 days worth would be enough to cure me. Since, as far as I know, a cold virus can't be cured, only lived through with symptoms lessened by medicine, I thought that was interesting. We'll see if this is over within 3 days; one can hope.

I must say that I enjoyed a long shower this morning. While I understand the need for the -- water on, water off, soap up, water on to rinse, water off -- water saving process on the boat (and was grateful to have a shower with nice hot water available during my time on the Katie), it was still great to luxuriate under the hot water.

I've also been enjoying watching TV -- lots of old U.S. programs (including Star Trek:Voyager which I haven't seen in many years) as well as a morning news program. BBC, not CBS Early Morning but still back to a bit of "normal" routine.

Going to breakfast this morning I discovered an alternate, and simpler, route down to Hotel Reception. So think I'll take that with my suitcase this morning. Still has several twists and turns and stairs but is more direct and easier. Will be leaving in a few minutes to catch an 11:02 train to Southampton. There someone from the Parish Holidays in Sherfield English will be meeting me (I hope!). I called the coordinator with the train time last night so I'm hopeful we'll connect okay.

Off for the next phase of this long vacation. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment