Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Home -- September 13, 2010

The Picadilly Underground line was having problems so I had a bit of a wait to get the tube to Heathrow. Fortunately I'd started early so had plenty of time despite the delay. Planes (from Heathrow to Keflavik and from Keflavik to Minneapolis-St. Paul) were timely and no more miserable than such flights usually are. Since there was an empty middle seat next to my aisle seat on the second, longer, flight, it was actually less miserable than the usual coach (i.e. cattle car) accommodation.

Plane arrived at 6:20 p.m. By the time I collected my car, hauled my suitcase up three flights of stairs to my apartment, went to pick up Katy from where she was staying with her buddy Mignon, and made a Burger King run for some sustenance (no food in the house), it was almost 10 p.m. and time for bed.

This was a great trip. Had a wonderful time and pretty much did/saw all that I'd hoped when I was planning it. I will admit, though, that 4 weeks was a little long. Given all I wanted to/did do, that amount of time was necessary, but I was definitely glad to be home. The work (painting and floor refinishing) scheduled to be done in my absence was completed and looks good. There are a few, minor, things yet to be done and a LOT of organizing on my part. But I did miss the worst of the mess.

This will be the last post for awhile. -- Probably until I have another trip on which to report. My normal life is just not that interesting. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment