Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Bali and Korea -- March 20, 2012

After a great night’s sleep, quantity and quality, I went to breakfast hoping to see Helen who was leaving at 9:30 for a 2-day, one night, trip to the north coast. We ate together, and then she headed off with Made, her driver and guide.

The weather continued to be less than ideal – cloudy with frequent, sometimes heavy, rainfall. I did computer stuff, including listening to my Godson Douglas’ March 17 radio interview by Rudy Maxa about his soon-to-be-published book which was available as a podcast. Check it out at http://rudymaxa.com/category/podcasts/ The interview of Douglas begins about minute 12; stay tuned for the interview with Arthur Frommer about Douglas’ book. Technology is amazing to allow me to access this interview half a world away..

Just before noon I headed off in the rain, trudging through the puddles, to have lunch with Monte at his bungalow. We ate and then chatted until 2:30 at which time I walked back in rain, through bigger and deeper puddles, to the hotel. It looks like this will be a lazy day, reading on my balcony and otherwise resting and relaxing. Plenty of time for a nap – but I slept too well and long last night to need one!

At 4:30 went to the reception/dining area for internet connection and to get out of my room. During the two hours I was there, a couple of very heavy downpours occurred. I am getting bored with this rainy weather. According to the Weather Channel as passed on by Monte, there is a major front stalled over northern Australia which is causing this unusual Bali weather. While we are in the rainy season, such heavy rains, continuous rains, and strong winds are not typical Balinese weather. Hope that front moves soon – like tonight!

At 7 Monte came over, and we enjoyed cocktails on my balcony. The rain stopped, and we decided to risk walking out for dinner at Sip, a very nice French restaurant. Had a great meal which concluded with an excellent Grand Marnier soufflé. It poured rain during the meal but had slowed before we left for the short walk back. Home at 10:30; to bed at 11:30.

It was a relatively dull day with no pictures. I hope tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment