Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Bali and Korea -- March 28, 2012

Am catching up on blogs. Today I uploaded the one for March 25 before heading off at 10:10 a.m. to meet HaeJung at her club. It’s an impressive health club of the glitzy variety (unlike my old and homey YWCA at home).

I exercised on the treadmill, using my brain as well as my body, as I had to convert kilometers into miles. I actually did a bit over 2 miles in 33 minutes before HaeJung told me it was time to go to her usual class.

HaeJung used the elliptical and also did weight work.

The class was exercise with emphasis on the core. Most of the exercises were the same or similar as ones used in my Forever Fit classes at the YWCA. There were six of us in the class. I was pleased that I held up pretty well.

Afterwards I returned home for shower and lunch before joining HaeJung and MinJu to observe MinJu at her riding lesson. There is a riding school at Seoul Forest; she rides for an hour once a week. She absolutely loves riding, being a typical 12-year-old girl. And she’s pretty good at it.




















After the lesson and some running around for the students after its completion, the three of us headed off for an early dinner at Samwon Garden Restaurant. It’s a large restaurant with a beautiful outdoor setting (with an outdoor eating area for when it's warm enough -- it isn't!) and a large tank with small tropical fish inside.

The restaurant specialty is bulgogi, cooked on a barbecue with hot coals in the middle of the table. And, of course, lots of side dishes. Quite tasty.

Was back at home and at my computer finishing blog catch-up at 6:45 p.m. Maybe I’ll stay current from now on – or maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment